Friday, July 16, 2010

LDS Church Quotes on Prayer

“His invitation, “Ask, and ye shall receive” (3 Ne. 27:29) does not assure that you will get what you want. It does guarantee that, if worthy, you will get what you need, as judged by a Father that loves you perfectly, who wants your eternal happiness even more than do you.” Richard G. Scott – Trust in the Lord – Ensign Nov 1995

"I don’t believe you can pray in faith except for those things that are according to His will." John H. Groberg

"One can pray and yet not really pray. Prayers can be routinized and become very superficial. When this happens, there is very little communication and very little growth. Yet, given the times in which we live, improving our prayers should be one of our deepest desires if we are genuinely serious about growing spiritually." Neal A. Maxwell

"Praying is probably the most important thing you will do on any day." H. Burke Peterson

"Pray like everything depends on God, and work like everything depends on you." Unknown

"I have so much to do today that I had better spend another hour on my knees." Martin Luther King, Jr.

“I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go." Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment